As a family hotel, we place great importance on the comfort of our guests, old and young. Along with the great hotel offerings, your children will simply love the beautiful nature surrounding Hotel DIE SONNE. Shared adventures with so much to discover and endless hours of fun make children’s eyes light upe and their parents smile contently. Parents can also enjoy a break and take some time out in the spa or participate in one of our many offered activities during family holidays in Saalbach.
Join the fun!
Fun and action are guaranteed with our colourful children’s programme. Under the special direction of our childcare team, every day becomes an adventure. Whether climbing on the climbing wall, making handicrafts, painting, face-painting, or heading out on an excursion and much more - there's so much to do in and around your family hotel in Saalbach.
Your little ones (from 2 years) will be well-looked-after in the SONNE Mini Club. In fine weather, there is a garden for fun and frolics or we go on a walk in the fresh air. In the evening, the children can dance to their heart’s content in the children’s disco, or relax in the children’s spa area – family summer holidays in Saalbach are a genuine highlight!
In the event of bad weather, there is no chance of getting bored in the play room:
- Playing and arts & crafts
- Climbing on the climbing wall
- Kids TV with chill-out lounge and headphones in the SONNENOASE
Teenagers can meet up and hang out. Foosball is always high in demand. The Wii also offers an opportunity for good fun and giggles.
There's an extraordinary number of fun activities waiting to be discovered in Saalbach Hinterglemm. Many of the facilities are especially attractive for children – and destinations such as the Montelino Adventure Trail, Mount Kodok, Wanderlehrpfad and the tree-top trail (at the valley end), Schnitza's Holzpark and Teufelswasser can be visited along with the childcare team of the SONNE Miniclub who arrange regular excursions.
- Excursion to the magical fairy-tale forest (Märchenwald)
- Family park with go-karting
- Playing minigolf
- Walk along the riverside
- Diversified evening programme
If you would like to experience your family holidays in Saalbach together, we recommend the following activities and experiences:
- Hiking, alpine pastures, lifts – a wonderful infrastructure for your family holidays in Salzburg
- Pinzgauer Grasberge (Grass Mountains) – a wonderful nature experience around Hotel DIE SONNE
- Grossglockner High Alpine Road – a stunning excursion, not too far away
- Gerlos High Alpine Road
- National Park Hohe Tauern
- Leogang Show Mine
- Lamprechtshöhlen (cave)
- Eisriesenwelt Werfen (ice caves)
- Weisssee Gletscherwelten (glacier world)
- Leisurely hiking tours – discover the region of Saalbach Hinterglemm together
- Biking & cycling – the ideal terrain for all cyclists
- Golf – super conditions and in-house know-how
- Nordic walking – gentle full-body training for the whole family
- Summer tobogganing in Saalfelden
- Paragliding – for a daring experience
- Horse riding – for an outdoor adventure
- Fishing and archery – in close proximity
- Rafting and canyoning – for adventurous guests
- Tennis – indoor and outdoor courts
- Offroad Park (quads & buggies) – a one-of-a-kind experience on a family summer holiday
- High-rope course in the valley end – a special tip!
Fun & Games – for shared hours of fun & dancing, with regional delicacies and traditions
Knowledge-based games – also popular on a summer holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm!
- Montelino's Trail – on the Kohlmais in Saalbach
- Mount Kodok – on the Reiterkogel in Hinterglemm
- Schnitza's Holzpark – in Hinterglemm's valley end
- Fairy-tale forest – near the entrance to the indoor tennis courts in Hinterglemm
- Wildpark Ferleiten – observe local wildlife up close
- Street painting festival
- Crazy golf
- Playgrounds in the village and on the alpine pastures
Family holidays in Saalbach at Hotel DIE SONNE – where fun and entertainment is available for everyone. If you would like, we can supervise the children for you while you take some time out for yourselves. Sounds great? We look forward to receiving your non-binding holiday enquiry or direct booking: